The University of Central Oklahoma is in the third year of implementing the Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR) initiative, which embeds employability skills in the curriculum and the co-curriculum via our Central Tenets structure and our LMS. The STLR process helps students develop these skills; faculty and staff assess this development using high-quality rubrics; evidence of the development is captured via eportfolio; and students are trained in how best to present evidence to employers that they possess these skills. Other aspects of STLR:
● Student mobile dashboard allows students to track their employability skill development
● Comprehensive Student Record which combines STLR badging achievement documentation, including drill-down detail, with the academic transcript
● At least one “STLRized” assignment in each class, part of which has students producing an employability skill development learning artifact
● In use or planning at other institutions
● Technology, training, messaging, convincer strategies — all figured out, learned the hard way, improved, etc.
Dr. Jeff King, Executive Director of the Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching and Learning, University of Central Oklahoma